Saturday, March 13, 2010

38 Weeks

Well, Preggasaurus (Rex) is officially on maternity leave. Time to get my knitting needles and sit in the rocking chair, right? Yeah...not so much. While I started the week like a chicken with my head cut off, I ended the week with a much calmer schedule. I have done some resting and made time for naps, but I definitely prefer to keep moving. Sitting and lying around both get very uncomfortable after a while, so I have enjoyed getting out of the house and staying busy. On Thursday, I enjoyed a nice leisurely lunch with Grandma Emilie (Joel's mom) and a stroll around the mall (thanks again Emilie - I had a great time!).

Here is the 38 week belly - kickin back in the glider with the fur-children. Jack (left) and Bridget (right) seem to be ready to greet the newest member of the pack, but we know it will be quite the adjustment that they are no longer going to be the center of our attention. We've been trying to prepare them as best we can and so far, we are hopeful that it will all pay off. We have some special play time all lined up at the Animal Den with Auntie Lisa to help wear them out, too. :-)



We celebrated Grandma Emilie's birthday at the start of week 38 with a 'surprise' party at Kelly & Joe's. Here we are ready to 'party'! :-)



The usual info:

How far along? 38 weeks. The equivalent of 266 days. TWO HUNDRED SIXTY-SIX DAAAAAAAAYYYYSSSS people.
Total weight gain/loss: Next question! (jk....nothing has changed)
Maternity clothes? Yes, but as previously stated, the selection that fits is dwindling.
Stretch marks? Ugh. The same ones just seem to get uglier. I was doing so well for all those months!
Sleep: Comes and goes. Some nights I sleep "like a baby"...other times I sleep like a real baby (meaning, I don't).
Best moment this week: My first day of maternity leave was Wednesday. I slept in, took a nap, and laid around the house all day. It was fantastic!
Movement: Yup. Hiccups, stretching, donkey kicks. You know, the usual.
Food cravings: Cheese. Although, I had some slices of raw zucchini dipped in ranch the other day and that sounds really good right now, too.
Gender: It's a boy. Or a girl.
Labor Signs: Nothing goin' on just yet.
Belly Button in or out? I'd say it was 'out' but it's stretched too much, so again.... we're still flat. I wonder what will become of the poor thing post pregnancy.
What I miss: Wine. Let's be honest. I miss wine.
What we am looking forward to: Being someone's Mom and Dad! We can't wait!
Weekly Wisdom: I think the unanimous words of the wise have been: "Rest & relax while we still have the chance." We're trying!
Milestones: Sadly, I had to officially retire my wedding and engagement rings to my jewelry dish this week - the fingers are finally getting a little swollen. But - 38 weeks of pregnancy with already tight fitting rings? Not too shabby I suppose. I do miss them though!
Current Projects: Stocking the freezer with make-ahead meals so that when we get to a point when it's just the two of us and the baby...we won't have to rely on take-out, drive-thru, or pizza as our only options for sustenance. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment